Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Antevasin

Antevasin: A Sanskrit word was first introduced to me in the book 'Eat Pray Love,' by Elizabeth Gilbert. Antevasin means, 'one who lives at the border.' In the book it describes an Antevasin as a person who leaves the bustling center of the worldly life and lives at the edge of the forest where spiritual masters dwelled. I, however, tweaked the meaning a bit so I could call my self an 'Antevasin.' I will leave my comfortable bed, my mom, my sister, my friends, my job (which I adore), my love. To go live on the border of Greece, just steps away from the Aegean Sea. I will live and explore the world of art. In this 'world' I hope to find healing, friends and adventure.

The journey begins on August 30th, where my mom and I will fly out of Grand Rapids and arrive in Athens a day later. I will have the company of my mother for a mere 10 days before she leaves me to fend for myself.



Goodbye
γειά σου

No comments:

Post a Comment