Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Naoussa, Paros

There are a thousand islands in Greece, all of which are very different from eachother. Athens is very congested and busy and the islands take on a realxing 'Don't worry be Happy, Eat, Drink and Love life feel.' Being in Paros was a wonderful change of pace when comparing it to Athens. To be honest I was a little worried when I first got there assuming all of Greece would be much like it's capital, Athens. But I was pleasantly surprised when I got to Paros and there was a slower pace. The people here in Paros are very nice as well, so accomodating to my inability to speak Greek. They help out with everything they can. Thank you Parians!

My Mom and I were able to look a bit around the school. and meet on of my Professors. It was good having my Mom see where I will be taking classes and who I will be taking them from.

We went to Nauossa today (a village on Paros), the fishermans village. Took the bus for only 1,40 Euro and it was a 40 min drive. We had a ham and cheese crepe, and walked around the area.

No comments:

Post a Comment