Friday, September 3, 2010

The Sea

We went to the beach today and I took my first dip into the Mediterranean Ocean! Mary took us to a secret jump of spot and we swam and swam. You feel like a feather in the sea, and after a while I could feel the sea taking away my worries and stress. I was in Greece, one of the most beautiful places in the world. We then were taken out by the Petrides to a lunch after the swim. We had beer, authentic greek salad, Kalimera (squid), and some other small fish resembling sardines hat we had to rip the spine out of before eating. I however ate the spine, in spite of Mary and Efie telling me I didn't have to. I listened to the old, beautiful women sitting at the end of the table--Mary and Efie’s mother Coolea. She said it’s good for you to eat it, and it beholds much calcium. Since I hadn’t eaten milk I gave it a go. Delicious. We then set out on the bus to get to the port of Pireus to ride a ferry to Paros. Another scuffle—We missed the ferry, had to surrender the money, and bought another one. I am currently sitting with my 3 bags (my mother with 1) waiting to get on a night ferry that will drop us off at 1:00am. We will have to try and beat our exhaustion and find our hotel with all of our luggage! Bring it on!

2 comments:

  1. Trish- ahhhh, I feel relaxed and adventerous just reading this! Sounds like you are having an amazing time and I can't wait to read more! love and miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always trust your elders. Especially if they are Greek. This is quickly becoming my favorite blog. Keep em coming, they help me feel much closer to where you are. :)

    ReplyDelete